Things to Consider While Ordering Seafood From Wholesale Suppliers in Toronto
Fishes are kept on ice or freezer or in the refrigerator to store for a longer duration. Fishes should be wrapped tightly in foil, plastic, or moisture-proof paper to store in the freezer. Frozen fish is in great demand worldwide. Fishes if left at warm temperatures for a long duration may get spoiled. There are large numbers of industries these days dealing with the business. Fishes are caught, cleaned, processed, packed and frozen to be transported.
If you own a restaurant and searching for monthly flyers for fish or seafood suppliers, you should search online.
Certain things are to be considered while buying fish packets; like:
- Don’t buy if its package is unlocked, torn, or crushed on the edges
- Avoid packages that are positioned at top of the freezer case or above the “frost line”
- Avoid packages with signs of frost or ice crystals Seafood is the most favored kind of fish.
Maintaining the freshness of seafood depends on the quality of products bought. Some of the things that restaurants take into consideration are:
- Icing and Storage – Restaurants go for well iced and refrigerated supply points so as to ensure that they can store the fish for about three days prior to cooking and consumption.
- Reputation of Supplier – Always check the ‘sell by date’.
- Packaging – The wrappers used should be leak proof, i.e. the product inside is free from all contamination. It is always advised to find a reputable company for the supply of seafood.